Can you make a book about our senses? Can you discuss the 5 senses and what we use them for? Can you use your senses to explore the local environment? Can you use your senses to explore the season Autumn?
Can you explore what the word ‘freeze’ means? Can you compare and contrast cold countries with England? Can you find out what animals like to do in cold countries? Can you create a winter display?
Can you retell the Christmas story in an exciting way? Can you explore why we celebrate Christmas? Can you create a nativity scene?
Can you investigate space? Can you become an astronaut and explore the stars and planets? Can you design a rocket using a variety of shapes? Can you count backwards to launch your rocket into space? Can you create a spacesuit? Can you make the planets and stars and investigate the textures of their surfaces?
Can you explore what kind of animals live on a farm? Can you create a model farm? What would your farm be called? What animals will live on your farm? Can you order animals according to their size? Can you match the adult animals to their babies? Can you create a leaflet about farm animals?
Can you read the Easter story and investigate why we celebrate Easter? Can you retell the story in a fun way?
Can you retell a fairytale using actions? Can you create a puppet show about a fairytale you know? Can you talk about the sequence of events in the story and using time words such as first, next and lastly? Can you create a new character for your favourite fairytale? Can you hot seat a character from a fairytale?
Can you investigate animals that live in the sea? Can you draw your favourite sea creature? Can you create your own sea creature adding labels and captions to your artwork? Can you write a postcard from the seaside saying what sea creatures you can see? Can you compare and contrast the sea animals to farm animals?
Can you make your own piece of pottery? What colours would you use? What design would you put on it?
Whilst you are in Reception we guarantee:
- You will take part in fun and exciting family afternoons.
- You will have the chance to learn and access fun activities in the outdoor area throughout the year.
- You will learn through ‘hands on’ activities whilst having fun ~ experiencing our variety of role-play settings and oursensory investigation area.
- Your learning adventure will begin here where you will be part of a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment.
- As you journey through Reception you will build lifelong skills such as sharing, caring and taking turns.
During your time at school:
- You will find out what you are good at and we will help you to be even better.
- Through creative challenges you will have fun and enjoy coming to school.
- On your learning adventure you will develop life skills to help you to become a responsible member of the community.
- You will use up to date technology to support your learning journey.
- You will lead worship, with your class, for the rest of the school and your family regularly.